Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for a UI/AEM Developer.
This position is located in Livermore or Pleasanton, California;
Phoenix, Arizona; Boise, Idaho or Dallas, Texas.
The Albertsons Companies IT group is utilizing the latest in
technologies to build market-leading, high scale & performance
solutions for the Human Capital Management Portfolio. We are
seeking a UI/AEM Developer that thrives in the UI/UX landscape and
desires to contribute in a fast-paced environment. You must be able
to advance the Safeway AEM and UI team in creating responsive
web-based applications that delight both employees and consumers
and operate efficiently in a large-scale environment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing
a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and
- Build highly usable and performant web applications meeting
business requirements using the Adobe AEM platform and related
- Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective
- Provide guidance on latest technology trends and future
- Analyze complex business requirements, creating technical
specifications for complex platforms and applications.
- Design and create technical specifications to design or
redesign complex applications and reusable components.
- Analyze problems outlined by Product Managers, Architects,
Technical Leads or Business Systems Analysts in terms of detailed
technology requirements and capabilities.
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops
highly complex original code.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, estimation,
prototyping, simulation, and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic using testing and debugging best practices
(TDD, BDD), including design of testing systems and preparation of
- Use Agile SCRUM model to deliver solutions with high level of
flexibility and adaptability.
- Oversee overall systems configuration and testing, ensuring
efficient deployment of applications to production.
- Participate in, design and implement all aspects of code
lifecycle, including design & implementations of CI/CD pipelines,
deployment and operational concerns.
- Develop new documentation, doc standards, technical procedures,
user guides and operational workflows.
- Develop documentation standards, procedures, and approval
- 4-year degree (Software Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or related functional field).
- 6+ years of UI programming experience including Adobe AEM
data, Ajax, and XSL.
Bootstrap and frameworks like AngularJS and ReactJS.
- 4+ years service layer integration (authentication/3rd party
feeds) using Ajax, REST API.
- 4+ years using Jenkins (or similar continuous integration
tools) and GitHub (or similar source code management systems).
- 3+ years working with AEM or similar Content Management
- 2+ years CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS.
- 2+ years UI unit testing, functional testing, and performance
- Must have experience designing and building responsive web
applications and related best practices.
- Well versed with best practices of designing responsive web
- Well versed with the latest trends in web and mobile
and performance testing tools.
- Familiar with Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools,
SVN or similar source code management systems.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and
software development methodologies (Agile).
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with
attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve
issues that may affect delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work
effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong ability to mentor, coach and train lower-level
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond
formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , UI/AEM Developer, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!