Scientist ll, Manufacturing Sciences
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 7, 2022
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific
InformationPleasanton/Genetic Sciences Division (GSD)How will you
make an impact?Oligonucleotides are critical components of
scientific research and are used whether our customers are
accelerating life science research, solving complex analytical
challenges or improving patient diagnostics and therapies. By
developing optimized and cost-effective oligonucleotides
manufacturing processes, we enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and a safer place.What will you do?
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet
product and process release/transfer timelines.
- Collaborate with R&D, QA, QC, and operations functions to
ensure on-time, robust, and cost-effective transfer of new
products/processes into Manufacturing
- Transfer functional QC test methods
- Design, execute, and analyze verification and validation
studies of manufacturing processes for oligonucleotides and
reagents that contain oligonucleotides.
- Draft and review documents (i.e. test plans, reports, SOPs,
batch records) under design control to ensure quality.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and product
management in areas of oligonucleotides and
- Actively participate as a member of cross-functional new
product development teams to ensure compliance with design controls
per ISO 13485 and other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations to project team.
- Work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Identify and communicate risks to project deadlines in
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the
department, as assigned.How will you get here?Education
- BS/MS in a science related field and 2+ years of laboratory
experiences, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology,
healthcare, research, or academic environmentExperience
- Strong bench skills.
- Ability to conduct independent studies with minimum
- In-depth knowledge of and solid background in quantitative PCR
and molecular biology
- Hands-on experience with PCR hardware and software.
- Experience in statistics and related software (i.e. JMP).
- Experience with oligo synthesis (preferred)Knowledge, Skills,
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and high regards
- Ability to work independently and proactive with strong
analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly collaborative: enjoys working in a diverse team
and contributes to a positive work environment
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking in a self-driven,
performance/results oriented, fast paced matrixed environment
- Demonstrates passion for problem solving and outside-the-box
thinkingAt Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today!
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Pleasanton , Scientist ll, Manufacturing Sciences, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!