Home Loan Pleasanton - Home Loan Advisor - External
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: January 8, 2022
JOB TITLE: Home Loan Advisor - External DEPARTMENT: Home Loans
Production STATUS: Non-Exempt JOB CODE: -3101 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Home Loan Advisor - External will proactively solicit new
residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and
production goals. They will develop and maintain a strong network
of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage
loan referrals. -This network includes mortgage professionals,
builders, other professional and personal contacts, and any other
referral source the Advisor develops. The external Advisor will
enhance this network by regularly participating in business related
development opportunities, community events and professional
organizations. -They will also be expected to handle branch or call
center generated referrals only when the member requests an in
person meeting. They will provide our members with the same
exceptional service they give to their self-generated referrals and
always conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. The
Advisor shall maintain a thorough understanding of the lending
programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. -
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Discuss mortgage product options via phone, email or in person
with prospective and current borrowers.
- Assist the member with an appropriate product selection, lock
request and provide applicable disclosures as required by law, and
dictated by credit union processes.
- Complete an initial assessment of the mortgage application
including a review of credit, financial data and collateral
information to identify underwriting concerns upfront.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including RESPA,
HPML, HOEPA, HCML, ATR/QM, bank secrecy and anti-money laundering
laws appropriate to the position.
- Manage mortgage loan pipeline closely to ensure loans are
attended to promptly, efficiently and accurately to ensure
exceptional service by providing a market leading turn time on
- This includes renegotiating the interest rate and loan terms
due to a change in the initial qualification caused by collateral,
income or financial data verification. - Demonstrate the ability to
delicately handle difficult situations while maintaining complete
- Work closely with the mortgage resource center and operations
staff to ensure the mortgage loan is being moved along in
accordance with the credit union standards.
- Consistently notate conversations with member in the LOS to
ensure proper communication. PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND
EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
interact with members, branches, call center staff and other
outside contacts on the telephone.
- Must possess sufficient dexterity to skillfully operate an
on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment such
as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machione and
telephone. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Mortgage operations staff, applicable supporting
department staff, branch staff, contact center staff, and
- EXTERNAL: Member(s), prospective borrowers, realtors, builders,
applicable third party vendors, governmental agencies and personal
and professional contacts QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent work experience or
four year college degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years in a mortgage related function
with at least two years of generating self-sourced business.
- Exceptional member service skills.
- Strong credit and general financial analysis.
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Excellent ability to collect and report information on market
conditions including competitive product and service
- Understanding of the secondary market including governmental
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Develop and maintain advisory and consultative home loan
- Working knowledge of office equipment and intermediate computer
skills including excel. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Travel by car is required to visit with applicants, partners
- Travel by plane or other public conveyance is required to
attend meetings at headquarters or to attend conferences/training
as deemed necessary by management. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- An individual in this position has been determined to be a
Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E Act and whose
responsibilities include taking applications and discusses terms or
negotiates rates on loans secured by real property.
- A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Pleasanton , Home Loan Pleasanton - Home Loan Advisor - External, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!