Staff Scientist-Process Development & Validation (P-374)
Company: 10x Genomics
Posted on: January 10, 2022
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is
more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century
of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to
change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to
address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology
including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions,
pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and
dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific
breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people
driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for
scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to
finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because
the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead
to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About The Role
We are seeking an outstanding Staff Scientist to join the Process
Development team and lead a team in the development and validation
of downstream production processes for 10x reagents and
consumables. The Process Development team interfaces between early
stage R&D and Production is deeply embedded in both
organizations. This position works cross-functionally with multiple
groups such as Chemistry, Microfluidics, Molecular Biology,
Engineering, QC, Production, and Supply Chain.
Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of chemical
engineering and NGS reagents, and be able to independently and
creatively translate those principles to develop and implement
infrastructure at commercial scale in a full Production facility.
This is a lead from the bench role with initially more than 50% of
time spent at the bench. The successful applicant will have
exceptional attention to detail and the ability to meticulously
execute and analyze highly complex experiments. Previous industry
experience successfully commercializing and supporting similar
processes is essential.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters,
strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction
and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing
multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels
within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What You Will Be Doing
- On time delivery of robust production processes to support
manufacturing of 10x reagents and consumables
- Drive infrastructure development projects for delivery of NGS
reagents into both commercial and custom consumable
- Develop, characterize and optimize a broad range of processes
to deliver reagents into appropriate consumable configurations and
ensure filling, finishing, and labeling activities are in control
and meet downstream requirements.
- Design, develop, validate, and implement appropriate QC methods
to ensure processes are in control.
- Lead a team of scientists dedicated to the development and
validation of downstream production processes for 10x reagents and
- Hire exceptional people to build a high performing team.
- Design and conduct experiments to determine underlying reaction
mechanisms, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and
optimization using DOE methodologies.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve issues with incoming
material, production and QC processes.
To Be Successful, You Will Need
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in chemical engineering
- 8+ years relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
experience (Staff Scientist)
- Demonstrated record of successful technology transfer from
early R&D concepts into customer-facing products.
- Strong Process Transfer experience demonstrating control of
manufacturing processes through appropriate Process Design and QC
- Solid understanding of a wide variety of NGS reagents.
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other
laboratory automation tools.
- Experience designing post processing workflows to ensure
reagents meet stability and shipping requirements.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and perform in-depth
analysis of results.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced startup
Nice To Have
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP to analyze
complex data sets.
- Previous work with custom reagent vendors and setting up OEM
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered
without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party
recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x
without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited
and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Keywords: 10x Genomics, Pleasanton , Staff Scientist-Process Development & Validation (P-374), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!