QC Scientist (P-2825)
Company: 10x Genomics
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About The Role
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its
Quality Control team. This QC Scientist will be responsible for
supporting the QC team with technology transfers, troubleshooting,
method development and optimization. Candidates must have broad
working knowledge in multiple scientific disciplines including
molecular biology, protein chemistry, and analytical chemistry.
Candidates must be able to communicate and work with multiple roles
in the lab from junior associates to staff scientists. This is a
bench role; therefore, candidates must be willing to spend at least
75% of their time in the lab.
Applicants must be action driven, flexible, self-starters,
creative, and passionate who excel in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the QC team in failure analysis investigations of
- Improve or develop QC assays used to qualify our reagents and
- Design and conduct experiments related to enzymes,
oligonucleotides, and formulations
- Effectively identify and communicate any complications that
arise from QC testing. Ability to work with cross functional teams
to establish and maintain a solution in a timely manner.
- Initiate Non-Conformance Material or Deviation reports and
follow up on progress and action items
- Troubleshoot unexpected complex equipment/QC method issues so
testing can quickly resume
- Assist in the development of processes and products. This
includes performing product and process optimization, guard band
studies, stability studies, and gauge R&R.
- Work closely with process development, microfluidics, and other
R&D teams to transfer/develop new QC methods related to new
- Draft/update test methods and train QC associates to ensure a
- Collaborate with QC supervisors on troubleshooting and method
To Be Successful, You Will Need
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics,
microbiology, analytical chemistry or related field
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and
analytical techniques including qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, FISH, flow
cytometry, HPLC, PAGE, molecular cloning, gene editing, primer
design, and nucleic acid isolation and manipulation
- Experience with a variety of Next Generation Sequencing sample
preparation workflows and data analysis
- Understanding of computational biology, statistics, and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict
deadlines in an evolving environment. Is cool under the pressure
and enjoys a challenge.
- Flexible work schedule to meet manufacturing needs.
- Strong critical and logical thinking to analyze complex
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking
products and processes to the next level.
Nice To Have Skills & Background
- Experience with cell culture and the handling of mammalian
primary cells, cell lines, tissues, and FFPE.
- Experience in an operations environment - working with ERP
systems and understanding of BOM and cost analysis
- Experience with Excel and JMP (or other statistical
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma tools and methods - green/black
belt certification a plus
- Basic understanding of coding languages (e.g. python, java,
etc.) is a plus.
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more
than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of
biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to
change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to
address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology
including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions,
pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and
dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific
breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people
driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for
scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to
finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because
the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead
to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered
without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party
recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x
without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited
and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Keywords: 10x Genomics, Pleasanton , QC Scientist (P-2825), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!