Posted on: January 20, 2023
The PositionThe Pathology Biology & Integrated Analytics group
(Pleasanton, CA) at Roche Diagnostics is seeking a highly motivated
Senior Scientist with extensive experience in immunohistochemistry
(IHC) assay to support antibody development and antibody production
process development. The qualified candidate will join a team of
scientists focused on monoclonal antibody development for IVD and
CDx assay. This position will be actively participating in the de
novo development of rabbit monoclonal antibodies for
immunohistochemistry and also participating in the development and
optimization of hybridoma cell culture and other mammalian cell
culture processes as well as downstream purification processes for
monoclonal antibody production.This position will be expected to
coordinate with Operation team for method transfer and assist in
troubleshooting manufacturing issues to determine root causes and
possible engineering solutions. Job function requires the ability
to evaluate, summarize and report study results, make independent
decision and collaborate with other functional groups including
Quality and Operation.Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to the team with an emphasis on
Immunohistochemistry, using a strong knowledge base for guiding
development/optimization/validation design, problem solving, and
presenting proposals and results for projects within the company
- Conduct immunohistochemistry experiments to facilitate antibody
screening and optimize IHC testing condition of final product on
- Provide support in slide reviewing, clone selection and
organizing downstream working process results to guide the antibody
clone development process, to support QC testing of production lots
for process development, and to provide on-market support and
- Prepare immunohistochemistry solutions and reagents and routine
maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor
equipment failures. Process paperwork associated with tissue
archiving, IHC testing, reagent preparation.
- Develop and optimize staining protocols for singleplex and
multiplexed assays examining molecular targets in intact human
- Capable to apply other tissue based technologies such as
- Actively collaborates and shares knowledge with other members
of the team.
- Prepare and delivers presentations of project results to
others; presents data to larger and more diverse audiences.
- Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and
documents; writes independently; evaluates the writing of
- Provide leadership on project design and feasibility
- Bachelors degree plus 10 years relevant experience OR Masters
Degree plus 5 years OR PhD and 2 years relevant experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with immunohistochemistry
(IHC) based methods.
- Background in Pathology/Histology/Oncology and antibody
development experience is preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of the technical and scientific
underpinnings of IHC based methods and assay optimization
- Experiences working with IHC autostainers, such as BenchMark
Ultra, is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in rabbit monoclonal antibody
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishment, with a
history of publications and presentations.
- Strong work ethic and collaborative attitude.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
enthusiasm to work collaboratively with others, and a strong drive
to solve problems, overcome obstacles, and innovate.
- High level of comfort with complex multitasking; be
self-motivated and productive; and be able to work independently,
with minimal oversight.The expected salary range for this position
based on the primary location of Pleasanton, CA is $130,000 to
$150,000. Actual pay will be determined based on experience,
qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors
permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available
based on individual and Company performance. This position also
qualifies for the benefits detailed at the link provided below.
Relocation benefits are not offered for this role.Genentech is an
equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse
world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based
on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age,
disability, marital status and veteran status.Genentech requires
all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their
start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at
Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is
located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable
to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical
condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your
sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to
request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Genentech, Pleasanton , Senior Scientist, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!