Principal Research Scientist I
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Performs and directs research in areas of expertise and supports
professional development of R&D colleagues. Independently
conceive, execute, and communicate novel multi-disciplinary
research or development strategies that achieve project and area
goals. Serve as a lead scientist on his/her own project and
contribute scientific insights into multiple other projects.
- Effectively function as a principal investigator, generating
original technical ideas and research or development
- Demonstrate creative out of the box thinking to solve difficult
problems and champion new technologies to achieve project
- Independently responsible for project science within his/her
area of expertise on one or more project teams.
- Make significant contributions to project team through lab
based, computer simulation, or other work environments,
- Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts.
- Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory
advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline
within the company and possibly externally.
- Primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory
documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Present at external scientific conferences.
- Support training of clinical, regulatory, medical science teams
in areas of expertise and project needs.
- Support regulatory filings with technical evaluations,
interpretation of literature, computer simulation, and
- Extensive collaboration with internal and external researchers
- BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 14+ years
of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 12+ years
of experience; PhD with typically 6+ years of experience in area or
scientific area of discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principal investigator,
generating original technical ideas and research or development
- Experience using FEA simulation tools such as COMSOL or ANSIS
on macro and micro scale structures.
- Have a thorough understanding of skin anatomy and structure,
including cellular and extracellular domains.
- Familiar with acoustic, light, RF, and thermal energy transfer,
flow, and deposition is tissue.
- Familiar with tissue processing and analytical laboratory
methods including microscopy, DSC, cell culture, histology, IHC,
RNA-seq, and mechanical methods.
- Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of
publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary
inventor of patents.
- Demonstrated scientific communication skills by presenting at
scientific conferences.Applicable to California Applicants Only---
The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the
range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this
posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range
and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in
California.This range may be modified in the future.--- The salary
range is (minimum: $ 110,500 to maximum: $ 216,000)--- This job is
eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program--- This
job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive
programs--- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including
paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision
insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or
compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive,
benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are
allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole
discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the
Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.AbbVie is an
equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is
AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability
without discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran,
recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or
active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person's
relationship or association with a protected veteran, including
spouses and other family members, or any other protected group
status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a
disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed
Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign
badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for
viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business
hours.Significant Work Activities: N/ATravel: Yes, 5 % of the
TimeJob Type: ExperiencedSchedule: Full-timeCompensationMinimum
Salary $110,500 Maximum Salary $216,000
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pleasanton , Principal Research Scientist I, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...