QC Associate/ Sr QC Associate (P-3579)
Company: 10x Genomics Inc
Posted on: November 16, 2023
About the role:
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its
Quality Control team. In this role, the individual will be
responsible in the inspection of raw material, intermediate, and
finished good parts mainly for reagent and consumable but also for
instrument parts. A variety of lab techniques will be used to
ensure the integrity and quality of our products. This position may
require extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work
using laboratory equipment.
This will be a non-exempt position in 10x's quality control team in
Pleasanton, California. Individuals applying to this position
should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing
workflow and ERP systems.
Ideal candidates would have the following traits: self-starter,
quick learner, team player, and the ability to adapt and thrive in
a fast-paced environment.
Title commensurate with educational and prior experience.
What you will be doing:
- 85% of the time shall be performing inspection on raw material,
intermediate and finished goods reagent and consumables using
standard molecular biology techniques such as Next Generation
Sequencing, microscopy, PCR/qPCR and HPLC
- 15% of the time shall be performing inspections on both metal
components and electromechanical assemblies, visually and
dimensionally, based upon internal and customer supplied
workmanship standards and drawing specifications. Areas of
inspection will include primarily machining, sheet metal
fabrication, paint and welding, but may extend to clean room and
final assembly inspection
- Execute QC workflows from submission to batch closure. Follow
work instructions and standard operating procedures with the
ability to identify discrepancies. Complete QC batch records and
Receiving Inspection Reports using Good Documentation
- Assist in root cause investigation and managing non-conforming
- Identify and communicate any complications that arise from QC
testing. Work with engineers/scientists to establish and maintain a
- Assist in the development of processes and products. This
includes performing product and process optimization, stability
studies and validation
- Maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the
production of Life Science products and laboratory management
- B.S. in one of the following disciplines: Biological
Engineering, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical
- 2 - 3 years relevant laboratory experience in manufacturing, QC
- Detail oriented, organized, quality focused and
- Good communication and observation skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload to meet strict
deadlines in an evolving environment. Is cool under the pressure
and enjoys a challenge
- Strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze
- Must be flexible as priorities shift with new
- Must be flexible in regards to overtime availability and work
with minimal supervision.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking
products and processes to the next level
- Can lift up to 25 lbs
Nice to have skills & background:
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in Spatial and In Situ technology
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing technology
- Experience working in GMP environment with LIMS
- Experience with ISO9001,ISO13485, and FDA 21 CFR part 820
#LI-AA1Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The
actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each
candidate, including one's skills, qualifications, and experience.
At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company's total
compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x's equity
grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs,
and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x
recruiter can share more about the Company's total compensation
package during the hiring process.Pay Range$68,400-$96,800 USDThis
can be used for hourly based jobs.Hourly$32.80-$46.50 USDAbout 10x
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more
than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of
biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to
change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to
address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology
including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions,
pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and
dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific
breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people
driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for
scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to
finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because
the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead
to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered
without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation,or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party
recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x
without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited
and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Keywords: 10x Genomics Inc, Pleasanton , QC Associate/ Sr QC Associate (P-3579), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!