IT Consultant Principal - Integration & Automation Architect
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Important Update: In order to protect the health and safety of
our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, Kaiser
Permanente now requires employees, including remote workers, to
provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or receive a medical
or religious exemption. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . IT Consultant
Principal - Integration & Automation Architect Location:
Pleasanton, CA Job Number: 978412 Date posted: 08/20/2021 Submit
Interest Description: In addition to the responsibilities listed
below, this position is responsible for managing support for
customers (users), assigned applications, and/or information
systems, including software implementation, integration across
functions and regions, complex configuration, system testing, and
customization of software utilities. Additional responsibilities
also include leading complex solution design support efforts and
research initiatives for translating requirements into workable
technical solutions, and supporting the evaluation of third-party
vendors as directed. Essential Responsibilities:
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying
customer and operational needs; developing and updating new
procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for
objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into
actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing
resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing
obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and
developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex
issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by
soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building
collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating
information and providing advice to drive projects forward;
adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing
feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership;
influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open
dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the
strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to
and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Leads a team of IT consultants in the development of
requirements, for process or system solutions which may span
multiple business domains by leveraging partnerships with
stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example, Solutions
Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering
methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional
requirements (for example, SMART) across the enterprise.
- Leads and oversees the development and documentation of
comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI,
and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of highly unique or complex
- Leads the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes
to a desired future state by translating how current processes
impact business operations across the enterprise.
- Leads teams of IT Consultants in the mapping of current state
against future state processes.
- Defines the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream
- Provides insight and influence to executive management and
business leaders on how to integrate requirements with current
systems and business processes across the enterprise.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prioritizes value gaps and
opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Leads solution design by translating requirements into workable
business solutions and leading in design sessions with IT
- Recommends and advocates for additional data and/or services
needed to address key business issues related to process or
- Leads the evaluation of third-party vendors as directed.
- Drives continuous process improvement by leading the
development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools,
templates, and processes across the enterprise.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process
improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the
strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in software or system
testing across multiple IT environments.
- Minimum two (2) years software or application development
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
CIS or related field and Minimum ten (10) years experience in IT
consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional
equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree
- Five (5) years experience in large scale software
- Five (5) years experience working for an IT
- Five (5) years experience in workflow analysis, including the
use of modeling software (e.g., Visio).
- Five (5) years in a leadership role working with project or
- Four (4) years experience managing vendor
- Five (5) years experience in solutioning process/service
metrics and reporting.
- Four (4) years experience solutioning and managing statement of
work (SOW requirements with external vendors.
Primary Location: California,Pleasanton,Pleasanton Tech Cntr
Building C Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End:
05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01-NUE-Non
Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT
Consulting Department: KPIT ADMIN - ITO IPS EO O_A - 9601 Travel:
No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pleasanton , IT Consultant Principal - Integration & Automation Architect, Professions , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!