Electrical/Systems Engineer III
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 13, 2022
How will you make an impact?Join the forefront of innovation in
genetic analysis for research & clinical applications. As the
leading provider of genetic testing solutions, we have a great
impact worldwide. Our teams develop platforms, consumables, and
reagents that help fight COVID-19 pandemic, realize justice, ensure
reproductive health, accelerate disease research, advance methods
for syndromic testing of infectious diseases, and keep the world's
food supply safe. Come help our customers make the world healthier,
cleaner, and safer!The Pilot Instruments team is looking for an
Electrical / Systems Engineer to develop test requirements and
methods for laboratory instrument products as part of the NPI (new
product introduction) process.What will you do?
- Perform system integration and develop test methods for
laboratory instrument products.
- Work with hardware engineers, software engineers, and
scientists to improve designs and function.
- Develop test specifications and requirements for laboratory
instruments. Develop test fixtures and work instructions for these
- Develop test methods and fixtures for PCBA's
- Train technicians on test methods.
- Conduct design verification testing to meet the product
requirements and specifications.
- Perform risk analysis, FMEA, and implement risk mitigation
activities to support the life-cycle of a product. Prepare
appropriate technical documentation for product design history
files and submissions.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of a regulated
environment including the design control process.
- Work with cross-functional teams and project management to
manage project tasks through a phase gate development process.
- Release engineering documentation (schematics, assemblies, work
instructions, BOMs, etc.) for test equipment
- Travel up to 10%.How will you get here?Education
- Bachelor's Degree required in Electrical Engineering or
equivalent field. An advanced degree is a plus.Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in systems
engineering or electrical engineering in laboratory instruments,
medical devices, or similar products.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Troubleshooting electrical systems, PCBA's, software, and
firmware as they relate to instrument function.
- Knowledge and experience with design control processes (ECO/DCO
- Proficiency in tools such as LabVIEW, Altium, C, C++, Python,
- Experience with the design of custom cable assemblies.
- Understanding of genetic analysis and/or molecular biology a
- Experience with Agile, Oracle, and/or SAP a plus.
- Experience in ISO13485 and/or FDA environment a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.At Thermo
Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a
unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Pleasanton , Electrical/Systems Engineer III, Professions , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!