Senior Engineering Technician (P-3168)
Company: 10x Genomics
Posted on: June 20, 2022
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented, problem-solving
individual to join our Manufacturing Lifecycle Engineering team.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail,
great communication skills, ability to prioritize a variety of
tasks, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced
environment. The Senior Technician supports engineers so they can
keep developing our manufacturing workcells and equipment. Our
products have allowed researchers to study biology at unprecedented
resolution and scale; yielding insights in diverse fields such as
cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, and developmental
biology.Individuals applying for this position must be
self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven, flexible in
changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment,
excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating
with all levels within the organization, and provide an immediate
contribution.What You Will Be Doing
- Support Manufacturing areas. perform day-to-day routine
equipment maintenance, schedule calibration/preventative
maintenance, organize lab operation processes, and support general
lab activities along with LCE team to promote an efficient working
- Purchase, Install, Inventory, maintain, troubleshoot,
coordinate services, and retire lab equipment when necessary
- Aide other engineering teams in assembly of bespoke automation
- Collect or document, organize, and analyze service agreements
and reports obtained from calibration and maintenance processes
from external vendors as well as internal maintenance teams.
- Perform duties as assigned in conjunction with LCE Team.
- Collaborate with EH&S and Facilities teams to ensure a safe
and functional lab environment
- Validate and transfer equipment via IQ OQ and PQ and FMEA.
- Support deployment and upkeep of a global CMMS database and
digital record archive system.
- Develop and maintain Spare Parts Programs for 10x Genomics
- Associate's Degree or greater.
- 3+ years experience in a laboratory setting and understanding
of laboratory environment
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Experience working with industrial and/or laboratory
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets (Ex.
- Experience with using or administrating a CMMS.
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented with experience driving tasks and meeting
- Must be flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently while balancing a board range of
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving and the ability to handle
operations issues in a fast-paced environment with a
customer-focused attitude Preferred Skills And Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in biological, chemical, or related science
- Experience with biological instrumentation
- Experience with electrical wiring and troubleshooting a
- Experience with BM-Ram, E- Maint or Hippo CMMS a plus.
- Experience working in regulated manufacturing environments (GMP
or ISO) a plus.
- Experience with Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Knowledge of LOTO and other safety procedures a plus.About 10x
GenomicsAt 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology
is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the
century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the
potential to change the world.We enable scientists to advance their
research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did
not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental
discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and
neuroscience.Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their
passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an
inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every
scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented
people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible
for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated
to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work
because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together
will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better
future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.Individuals
seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital
status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.10x does not accept unsolicited
applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any
resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement
in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and
10x will not pay a placement fee.
Keywords: 10x Genomics, Pleasanton , Senior Engineering Technician (P-3168), Professions , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!