Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Workday, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Your work days are brighter here.At Workday, it all began with a
conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny
California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the
enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing
that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was
driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since,
the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is
central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy
employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of
ingredients for success in business. That's why we look after our
people, communities and the planet while still being profitable.
Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don't need to
hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's
what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all
and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey?
Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day
here.About the TeamWorkday's Business Operations organization is
accelerating our company-wide data & analytics efforts to drive
data-driven decisions and ultimately contribute to Workday's
growth. We work to provide accurate, consistent, and insightful
reporting and analysis to key leaders and functions across the
company. Join our team as we aim to deliver exciting new
user-centered, predictive, and prescriptive reporting analytics at
Workday!About the RoleAs a Senior / Principal Business Intelligence
Analyst, you will design, develop, enhance, and optimize all BI
solutions within the Enterprise Data & Analytics team, and
specifically focus on corporate reporting initiatives. - For each
project, you will form a scrum team with a Business Intelligence
Program Manager and Analytics Data Specialist.Responsibilities
- Participate in user interviews and requirements gathering
sessions led by Program Manager to deeply understand what business
problems we are trying to solve, key questions to be answered by
the reporting tool, and how the tool will fit into the business
process to be supported.
- Design elegant and easy-to-understand visualizations using data
viz best practices, and seek feedback on designs.
- Build dashboards using BI best practices to reduce file size,
refresh time, and load time, and to make dashboard coding easy to
follow for other team members.
- Partner with Analytics Data Specialist to provide inputs on new
or modified business views needed in the data warehouse.
- Thoroughly QA new and modified dashboards for accuracy and
- Update and maintain existing dashboards as needed. Troubleshoot
and resolve access or data quality issues reported by users.
- Follow Agile methodology, including sprint planning and review
meetings, daily stand-ups, and following epics and stories written
by Program Manager.About YouBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer
Science (or related field) or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years professional experience.
- 5+ years as a Business Intelligence Analyst or related
- 3+ years working in Tableau Desktop and publishing to Tableau
- Experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau with SFDC
and SQL (intermediate to advanced) for senior leadership
- Excellent user experience design and data visualization
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).Other
- Strong understanding of corporate metrics, particularly in a
SaaS or enterprise software B-to-B model is highly desired.
- Experience working with Corporate, Sales, CX, and/or Marketing
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and organize time
effectively. Project management experience is highly
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
- Experience with Alteryx or other data modeling tools
- Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm and a
positive attitude.#LI-SB3As a federal contractor, -Workday -is
-requiring -all new hires -to verify -that -they -are
-fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 -within 72 hours of -beginning
employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. -Workday
-is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not
vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical
reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact - -to
explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions
Workday is able to offer.Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law,
Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.Workday is an Equal Opportunity
Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask
your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral
Keywords: Workday, Inc., Pleasanton , Principal Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!